If you have questions about using Tor:
- Check our support wiki for answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Tor.
- See if your question is asked or answered on our StackExchange page. If it isn't, please consider asking it there! Then everybody else can benefit from your question and the answer to it.
- Join the #tor irc channel, state the issue, and wait patiently for help.
- Read through the archives of the mailing lists to see if anybody else has raised your issue recently. Note that you need to subscribe to the mailing lists before you can post.
If you find your answer, please stick around to contribute back and help others who were once in your position.
- #tor - For questions about using Tor (as a client, or as an onion service). Having trouble running Tor or have a question for other Tor users? Then this is the spot for you.
- #tor-relays - The Tor network is made of relays, if you are interested in running one yourself, join here and make sure to read this blog post on how to get help running a relay.
- #tor-dev - Channel for people who want to do development. Discussions about Tor-related coding, protocols, and project ideas are all welcome.
- #tor-project - Organization discussions unrelated to software development. A great place to discuss Tor community events, outreach, translation, or website improvements.
- #tor-meeting - The various Tor teams, like the network team, the browser team, the UX team, and the metrics team, hold periodic publicly logged meetings in this channel.
Follow us on Twitter:
If you've found a security issue in one of our projects or in our infrastructure, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to encrypt your mail, you can get the GPG public key for the list by contacting email@example.com or from pool.sks-keyservers.net. Here is the fingerprint:
Find links to acknowledgments and our security policy in machine readable form here.gpg --fingerprint firstname.lastname@example.org pub 4096R/1A7BF184 2017-03-13 Key fingerprint = 8B90 4624 C5A2 8654 E453 9BC2 E135 A8B4 1A7B F184 uid email@example.com
uid firstname.lastname@example.org uid email@example.com sub 4096R/C00942E4 2017-03-13
If you have Tor questions, please try to help yourself via the above support venues. Please don't use this contact address for helpdesk or user requests — we all get too much mail and we won't be able to help you there.
- firstname.lastname@example.org is for questions and comments about Tor the non-profit organization: funding and donations, trademark questions, affiliation and coordination, major gifts, contract inquiries, etc. Please note that email is not a great approach for safe communication, so if you need privacy consider reaching us some other way. Also note that the frontdesk is currently handled by volunteers, so please be patient.
Should you need to reach us via old-fashioned mail, our mailing address is:The Tor Project, Inc.
217 First Ave South #4903
Seattle, WA 98194 USA